Adobe Acrobat update to 7.0.7 fails after reinstall

Limousin

Hi,

quite a newbie to this community, found it googling for the following:

Recently had to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat V 7.0 as I couldn´t confirm the activation after some hardware change.

However now, after the reinstallation I can´t upgrade to 7.0.7 as it used to be before, I´m always given an error message from Windows Installer like " Patch cannot be installed because the program you want to uprade doesn´t exist or it is the wrong version to be upgraded".

After some research found that I could upgrade in steps from 7.0 via 7.0.1, 7.0.2 to 7.0.3, but the next step to 7.0.5 again failed.

Read something about silent installs, is this a solution? A brief hint in my situation what to do? (Of course tried again un-/reinstall with cleaning tools, as usually didn´t help)

well, this section of msfn forum is for silent/unattended installs. they are only the solution to unattended installs of windows and programs not for troubleshoot faulty setups.

but to answer your question:

adobe has cumulative updates for 7.0.5 and 7.0.7 wich have previous updates. you only need to download the cumulative update 7.0.7 it will install 7.0.5 (wich is also cumulative) and then update to 7.0.7. here thie cumulative patch worked great with me.

I run software update scripts that pull new installers, updates, (whatever) down nightly from a SAMBA share. I do this using AT so they run as system (giving the scripts administrator privileges effectively). I've update and installed applications for months this way, but have never been able to do Acrobat Pro Updates. I've recently tried (successfully) going from 7.0 to 7.0.5 then 7.0.7 during build time, but the scripts for the scheduled jobs (on existing machines) fail with an msiexec error 1642.

All I do is extract the files and add "/qn" to defaultMSP.ini. Then simply run MSPLauncher.exe. Looking up the error says:

-----------------------------------------------------

ERROR_PATCH_TARGET_NOT_FOUND 1642

The installer cannot install the upgrade patch because the program being upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch updates a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.

This error code is not available on Windows Installer version 1.0.

-----------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else attempted something like this or had the same problem?

-Aaron

just download the 7.0.7 cumulative update and run it normally. it already is silent. just use /? to get the command that supresses the reboot prompt dialog. thats all. i have tested on my machine and it updates silently without any prompt.

i dont have the update file at hand now. have you tried /help switch instead of /?

also search at adobe's. im not sure but i think that i posted the switch in other thread, do a search in msfn applications installs.

Oh! maybe i remember now. try /srn but i cant promise it will work.