Flash Player 8.0.22.0 during RunOnceEx

david.matthews

Hi all, I'm attempting to install Macromedia Flash Player 8.0.22.0 for IE via the RunOnceEx process.

I'm using the 'install_flash_player_active_x.msi' file and simply executing it from within a WSH script with the following command line 'msiexec.exe /i flash_player_active_x.msi /qb! /log flash_install.log".

All appears to be good, except when I launch IE and go the the Macromedia test site. It still shown me that I have the base install of version 7.0.19.0 ???

Whilst logged in as a local user if I manually re-execute the script and re-check... the version is now 8.0.22.0.

Does anyone have any idea why the msi does not register in the OS when run during the RunOnceEx stage?

The flash_install.log file above, shows that the origial installation completed successfully. Event Viewer reports a successfull installation as well... it just doesn't change from 7.0.19.0 to 8.0.22.0??

Thanks in advance.

Dave M.

i install this one also from runonceex without any problems at all. and it is advertised as 8.0.22.0 version.

have you tried to execute the msi with the standards parameters? i mean /qn / norestart? i use both for installing it.

flash9ce.th.png

check the image attached to verify that i have it advertised properly on my system.

It's so complicated.

Just download the "flash_player_8.0.22.0.exe" from macromedia website and launch it. It's unattended, no action required.

i know that but i use the /qn switch to prevent any setup screen coming up for the user to see it.

My RunOnce entry looks like this and it works just fine. Don't know if the problem is with your install or what.

REG ADD %KEY%\046 /VE /D "Macromedia Flash Player" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\046 /V /D "y:\Public\Software\Macromedia\Flash\install_flash_player_active_x.msi /qb" /f