Adding domain user & login

Hi,

first of all, sorry if this question is allready answered somewhere on the forum, i've searched first, but couldn't find a working solution for my problem.

My situation :

I have a workstation computer, from wich i do all the work, and a server (wk3) where all the files are stored.

I'm know making an unattended dvd with all of the software our (little) company uses. Untill here, no problems, everything works perfect with the help of Xplode, cmd files and so on.

What i now want, is when the windows installation is done (prior to the software installation) is have the setup logon to the domain with the specified user name and login, not to the local pc.

What steps do i need to take?

Many thanx in advance !

Edited by sonic394

Yes, i want the pc to use my username as specified on the wk3 server, so when it's logged on, it installs the application list under my user. (if this makes sense)

Else i would have to login later, and see that all the software is installed for the administrator. When i then login with the correct domain username, it starts installing / configuring a lot of packages again.

The info in the winnt.sif

[identification]

DomainAdmin = $username

DomainAdminPassword = "password"

JoinDomain = "DOMAIN"

The strange thing is, I used nlite to configure this file automatically, but why are there no quotes around the username? is this normal?

Thanx !

Found the solution myself.

If anyone is interested :

Made a reg file with the following content

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"DefaultDomainName"="MyDOMAINNAME"

"DefaultUserName"="MyUSERNAME"

"DefaultPassword"="MyPASSWORD"

then with a little help from CMDLINES.TXT with the following content :

[COMMANDS]

"REGEDIT.EXE /S c:\Install\autologon.reg"

So, at T-12, the cmdlines is parsed, the reg file is imported and the next reboot, it uses the correct settings before he starts installing all the software / hotfixes / reg tweaks and so on...