[Question] - Sendkey type command from .bat

straytoasters

Yeah. I have a friend who could make the auto it script in a minute or two. The .bat script I use so far makes about 20 or so changes and is all done with .bat commands and a .reg or two, I am trying to do all I want with as near to built in Windows componets as possible. Auto it may be my "out" but I am going to keep looking for a while. Thanks.

Straytoasters

What i do is the following. I create my bat file and also a WSF file in which i have my VB code

An example is the following, i use it to install clonedvd. It is the complete script and simply sends the ALT-N combination to the program.

<Job id="keystrokes">

<script language="VBScript">

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

objShell.run("SetupCloneDVD2.exe /S")

WScript.Sleep 16000

objShell.AppActivate "CloneDVD2 Setup"

WScript.Sleep 100

objShell.SendKeys "%(N)"

</script>

</Job>

I have this file named as keystrokes.wsf and call it from my bat file using
cscript keystrokes.wsf

I hope this helps :)

Yeah. I have a friend who could make the auto it script in a minute or two. The .bat script I use so far makes about 20 or so changes and is all done with .bat commands and a .reg or two, I am trying to do all I want with as near to built in Windows componets as possible. Auto it may be my "out" but I am going to keep looking for a while. Thanks.

Straytoasters

You can compile the AutoIt script into an executable. This keeps you from having to install AutoIt on machines just to run the scripts. This is how I do my unattended installs where key presses are required. You can even have it disable the keyboard/mouse while it's running so that nothing interferes with the keys you send.