Office 2003 Zipped Unattended

Captain Obvious

By PDF I guess you mean the OfficeShrink "How to" (Prolly Astalavista's version?).

If my guess is correct then I can state (for sure) that the prblem is your end. You MUST use shrink on EXACTLY the same system that the final install will be used on AND it MUST be done BEFORE ANY Office components are installed on that system. IE the machine must be a "clean" system. Uninstalls don't count - files and settings get left behind and will screw your install.

If you are ABSOLUTELY sure that you have followed the build procedure correctly with no shortcuts then the other possibility is the timing of your install. By this I mean @T12, RunOnce etc - & before/after .Net install. This matters but is too complex for this post. There was a lot of discussion in the OfficeShrink Thread.

Hope you get it sorted. Keep trying it does work.

By PDF I guess you mean the OfficeShrink "How to" (Prolly Astalavista's version?).

If my guess is correct then I can state (for sure) that the prblem is your end. You MUST use shrink on EXACTLY the same system that the final install will be used on AND it MUST be done BEFORE ANY Office components are installed on that system. IE the machine must be a "clean" system. Uninstalls don't count - files and settings get left behind and will screw your install.

If you are ABSOLUTELY sure that you have followed the build procedure correctly with no shortcuts then the other possibility is the timing of your install. By this I mean @T12, RunOnce etc - & before/after .Net install. This matters but is too complex for this post. There was a lot of discussion in the OfficeShrink Thread.

Hope you get it sorted. Keep trying it does work.

Yea, I've been doing it on a ZVirtual Machine, but just did it on an actual comp this last time. All three times I did it on a clean install. As to the placement of Office, here's my code:

CLS

@ECHO OFF

TITLE Windows XP SP2 - Unattended Installation

ECHO.

ECHO Over the next few minutes you will see automated installations

ECHO of various sofware applications, windows updates, and registry

ECHO tweaks being implemented. The computer will restart automatically

ECHO once the whole process has finished!

ECHO.

ECHO Removing useless shortcuts...

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows Update.lnk"

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Set Program Access and Defaults.lnk"

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows Catalog.lnk"

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1...

START /WAIT %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\Hotfixes\dotnet11sp1.exe

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0...

START /WAIT %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\Hotfixes\dotnet2.exe

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Adobe Reader 7...

START /WAIT %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AReader\reader705.exe

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Firefox 1.5..

START /WAIT %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Firefox\OWUFFv2.exe

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Flash 8..

START /WAIT %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Flash\flash_player.exe

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Microsoft Office 2003 SP2...

START /WAIT %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Java 5...

START /WAIT %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Java\jre506.exe

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE

START /WAIT %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AdAware\aawsepersonal.exe /s

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Microsoft Anti-Spyware...

START /WAIT %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\MSSpy\MSpyware.exe /S /v/qn reboot=suppress

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Windows Media Player 10

START /WAIT %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /R:N

ECHO.

ECHO Deleting Temp Installation Files...

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Install

ECHO.

ECHO Restarting the PC in 1 minute...

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute, this will give enough time for the shortcuts to update and for the shell to fully load before its ready to restart!"

EXIT

That looks good, right?

I know this is my problem. The fact that I've gotten three different errors on three different tries tells me that. What I don't understand is what I'm missing, it's weird. And yes, by PDF i mean the Office Shrink Doc.

Edited by Captain Obvious