Simple way to integrate apps into windows installation?

I want a simple way to integrate programs like firefox and alcohol into the windows installation disc. I have read the unattended guide, several times over. But I just don't know how to write a batch file or runonceex.cmd. is there any simpler way to do this without getting a masters in computer geekology.

I hate to say it, but if you want to be able to put together an unattended CD/DVD with the programs you want in there, you'll need to learn a thing or two. I don't mean to sound flip about it, but that's why there's all these forums here with thousands of threads and posts. If it was all cut and dry someone could just make a nice and neat guide that covered everything in one place and you wouldn't need the forums.

First there's the method of integration. You mentioned RunOnceEx in your post. That's one of the methods and even at that there's a few options of how you get them there. There's also cmdlines.txt and svcpack.inf. I know, it's an awful lot of stuff to digest in the beginning, and honestly.. after a few years I'm still learning new stuff everyday.

For starters, you should check out the excellent Unattended Guide here at MSFN. There's a lot of good stuff there. But you'll still have to go beyond that and just poke around and read a little.

Well, I was able to write a RunOnceEx.cmd file and put it into my windows installation disc, but for some reason it didn't work. And I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting. The installation stuck at the part where it says installing windows (five bubbles on the left side and all the tips and stuff cycling through in the middle), it said that it had 39 minutes remaining; for four hours. Where would be a good place to go to learn about those things? The MSFN guide is out of order and incredibly sparse of information about this stuff.

RunOnceEx runs after Windows has finished installing and rebooted, so it sounds like something went wrong way before then. You may want to try a search for "RunOnceEx" in the Unattended forum (this one). Use the search box at the bottom of the thread listing as opposed to the Google search box at the top.