several unattended tasks

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted. Anyway, I'm trying to accomplish a few tasks for work in an unattended fashion for a global wide image.

1) Is there a way to add users (domain users) to the local groups. I don't want it to be a local account

2)Change the link speed on a network card to 100 Mbps/Full Duplex from Auto

3)Disable wireless. (disable Wireless Zero config, or another setting?)

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted. Anyway, I'm trying to accomplish a few tasks for work in an unattended fashion for a global wide image.

1) Is there a way to add users (domain users) to the local groups. I don't want it to be a local account

2)Change the link speed on a network card to 100 Mbps/Full Duplex from Auto

3)Disable wireless. (disable Wireless Zero config, or another setting?)

i think , for the first issue , u just have to Specify your domain name , and user name in the winnt.sif file ,, using setupmgr.exe , doing the following will join u to the domain by default ..

c here :

10vr1.jpg

and that should b it for the first issue ,,

duno about the rest :blushing: i'll b waiting with u for an answer :whistle:

1. Use the "net group" command.

2. There is no script interface in WSH to do this across the board, but I have seen a rather ingenious way to do this if you know the NIC's you'll be using in your environment:

http://www.codecomments.com/archive299-2005-12-723253.html

3. Use the SC command to disable the Wireless Zero Config service:

sc stop wzcsvc

sc config wzcsvc start= disabled

Then, in GP, change permissions on the service so that non-domain admin users cannot start the service (even local admins won't be able to reconfigure at this point, so be careful). And yes, there is a space between the = and the "disabled" text in the second sc.exe command above.

@cluberti, First of all excellent find :thumbup second, I've noticed that they're calling up 4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 in the script that you linked to. I don't know if you've seen the VBscript that I posted for enabling the tray status icon, but I think I could rather easily adapt the info provided to my script and accomplish both tasks at once. I always adjust my NICs to 100/Full. For some reason I actually must do it in order for a custom Oracle application to properly maintain it's connection with a database over a dedicated T1 connection. I imagine losing all of the autosense garbage must help out somehow.