Beginning Autoit

dazzler5000

ok. I am not even looking how to do the scripts yet..but at this point I want to know how do i use the scripts designed.

my winnt.sif calls up my runonceex.cmd file - do i play a command in there to install autoit? Please some help to start with this program. I would love to use the program to do things eventually with installing my windows. So far I am having diffuculties with application installs....but i will be keep trying...so any help would be great

I would assume that you are invoking RunOnceEx to execute from GuiRunOnce. You can add the AutoIt3 installer to RunOnceEx. The installer uses /S to silently install.

If you want to use Au3 scripts during Windows setup then you can add AutoIt3.exe to $OEM$/$$/System32 to make it in the system path or any other place suitable. I have AutoIt3.exe next to Cmdlines.txt, which is used by the Au3 script next to it which runs each and every Au3 script in the software subfolder.

Syntax for executing an Au3 script:

AutoIt3.exe path/script.au3

or you can compile the scripts into executables.

Here is my basic concept of using AutoIt3 to manage my UA Windows Installation.

If you do not have a good programming editor then I would recommend Scite4AutoIt3. Uses /S as well to silently install.

:)