correct way to remove img in ris?

bbmak

Are there any correct way to remove the img in ris, or I just go into \\RisServer\reminstall\setup\english\images

and delete the folder?

If I delete the folder, will the client installation menu also deletes the img option for selection as well?

Please shed me some lights, what is the right ways to do it?

You got it about right...RIS usually scans the RIS Share for *.sif, so if you remove the image folder you also remove the *.sif associated with it. The only other addition I can suggst is to restart the Remote Install service just to make sure...and you might want to 'Verify" the server too, which never seems to do much but it might help.

You got it about right...RIS usually scans the RIS Share for *.sif, so if you remove the image folder you also remove the *.sif associated with it. The only other addition I can suggst is to restart the Remote Install service just to make sure...and you might want to 'Verify" the server too, which never seems to do much but it might help.

so you suggest that i should just remove the folder inside?

\\RisServer\reminstall\setup\english\images

Are there any other 3rd parties tool that i can remove it with GUI?

please instruct me what is the right way to do it?

Edited by bbmak

Yeah...lets say you have a RIS server setup that has a few images. Your dir structure should look like this:

post-27839-1137167594.jpg

Notice how the structure is laid out...so if you wanted to permanently remove the XPSP2 image, just delete the folder:

\\RisServer\reminstall\setup\english\images\XPSP2

Now if you notice, each image has an i386 folder, and in that folder is a templates folder. In that resides the *.sif that is associated with that image. You can have more than one for each image, which would result in more menu options. If you have one image with two *.sif files, then you will get a menu with two choices when you boot to RIS. If you want to remove one of those choices, then you can manually remove the *.sif fromt the templates folder.

Edited by InTheWayBoy

though if you have win2k server, locate your ris server with AD Users & Computers, select | right click | Adv settings | images tab | select and delete

though that suggested by InTheWayBoy is probably just as effective