LegitCheckControl.cab manual installing

Hi,

I've being searching for hours on this subject now. I want to add the Windows Genuine Advantage Tool to my unattended cd.

I know it's possible with an existing nlite addon. But I want to add it manually, I want to keep control of everything concerning my unattended cd.

So far I got a cab file but how do I manually install them afterwards? Preferably in the 'svcpack.inf stage'. I am absolutely positive this can't be found with the search on this forum. I've being trying long enough to get mental by now :thumbdown

I also tried looking into a file called: 'HACKED_WGA_1[1].4.389.0ADDON.CAB' but the ini files states entries that have to be entered in sysoc.inf for example. Those files are binairy in the I386 directory. So I can't be expected to just add it like that.

Can anyone help me out?

First, SYSOC.IN_ or SYSOC.INF as it is known in uncompressed form, is the file that is used to create the list for the "Add/Remove Windows Components" section of Add/Remove Programs. It is not required to make things function, only to remove them.

Second, it's just a compressed file, you can use the EXPAND command to uncompress it. The edit it, and use a tool like MAKECAB to recompress it.

Also, the other files can be edited in notepad, they are not compressed. Just be careful with them, you don't want to screw them up.

They are important because they tell setup where to copy the files to, etc.

Drop the actual files (WGA.in_, LegitCheckControl.dl_, GWFSPidGen.dl_) into I386.

Done.

Thanks for your reply. That surely cleared it all up. But I still have a problem with txtsetup.sif

;This section contains entries that need to go into the [sourceDisksFiles] section of txtsetup.sif

[txtsetup_files]

%maininf% = 100,,,,,,,20,0,0

GWFSPIDGen.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,GWFSPIDGen.dll

LegitCheckControl.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,LegitCheckControl.dll

When I place this part in the txtsetup.sif I get errors after windows is installed that all kind of files are missing (rundll32.exe etc).

When I just enter:

%maininf% = 100,,,,,,,20,0,0

into the sourcefile directive I get a error during installation saying it can't find %maininf%

I take it the $OEM$ and regsvr32 method is not what you'r looking for, as you have probably read about it, whilst searching.

The method is however how I do it, and it works perfectly and is easy to update at new WGA releases.

Edited by BoardBabe

%maininf% is WGA.in_, which when setup decompresses it will be WGA.inf.

In the txtsetup.sif file, there is a section called [sourceDisksFiles]

at the end of that long list, add the following:

WGA.inf = 100,,,,,,,20,0,0

Yesterday I tried using RVM integrator to include the wga_addon. The process went okay I didn't get any errors eighter.

But when I enter the windows update site after installing the unattended cd It still need to download the WGA patch. The files are stored in the system32 folder correctly. And when I installed the patch with windows update it is actually cracked so that's pretty weird.

Any ideas?

When I view the cab file from microsoft it also has registry entries. Are they really needed in order to make it work?

Also are all dll files stored in txtsetup.sif automatically registered????

All other threads on this forum about WGA are unanswered.. right when they become interresting no one posted in them very annoying. I just don't want window update nagging for WGA updates :(

After installing it again I tried using regsvr32.exe on the file and I returned to the windows update site, then I didn't asked to update the component.

Edited by DeathKnight

Well, unless I am mistaken, the WGA or LegitCheckControl is not for Windows Update or Microsoft Update. It is the Windows Genuine Advantage, which is the control used to validate your copy of Windows when going throught microsoft.com/downloads.

I did some even more checking! Now i'm stunnend. Nlite works okay the download blah blah dialog is skipped correctly. But RVM_Integrator_1.0.5.exe doesn't work.

So RVM intergrator is not working correctly? Or does nlite do more settings that are not listed in the supplied ini file??

As my last resort I will have to make a snapshot before and after the nlite process. But the problem is that nlite changes to txtsetup.sif intensively. So it will be hard to simulate the same changes manually. The main problem I have with nlite that is does all kinds of extra things I don't ask it to do. Like adding nlite.ini and stuff. It's just making a big mess of my unattended cd, and makes you lose control of all changes.

Well, I checked the WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe (Windows Update) and the muweb_site.cab (Microsoft Update) files mentioned in this thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=49090

and neither has LegitCheckControl.dll included, so I hesitate to think it is used for anything other than the Windows Genuine Advantage stuff.

However you might try reading through the above topic, it has lots of info and reference on different ways to integrate Windows Update and Microsoft Update.

Well, unless I am mistaken, the WGA or LegitCheckControl is not for Windows Update or Microsoft Update. It is the Windows Genuine Advantage, which is the control used to validate your copy of Windows when going throught microsoft.com/downloads.

I'll asure you it will skip the check when running windows update.

The stupid thing is when I use nlite it works without any problems. But when using rvm intergrator it won't work.

I captured the changes nvlite made when just selecting the addon and nothing else:

FILE: "LAST SESSION.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\Last Session.ini"
FILE: "LAST SESSION_U.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\Last Session_u.ini"
FILE: "I386\DOSNET.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\DOSNET.INF"
FILE: "I386\GWFSPIDGEN.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\GWFSPIDGen.dl_"
FILE: "I386\HIVECLS.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\HIVECLS.INF"
FILE: "I386\HIVEDEF.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\HIVEDEF.INF"
FILE: "I386\HIVESFT.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\HIVESFT.INF"
FILE: "I386\HIVESYS.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\HIVESYS.INF"
FILE: "I386\HIVEUSD.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\HIVEUSD.INF"
FILE: "I386\LEGITCHECKCONTROL.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\LegitCheckControl.dl_"
FILE: "I386\NLHIVE.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\NLHIVE.INF"
FILE: "I386\NLITE.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\NLITE.IN_"
FILE: "I386\SVCPACK.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\SVCPACK.IN_"
FILE: "I386\SYSOC.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\SYSOC.IN_"
FILE: "I386\TCPIP.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\TCPIP.SY_"
FILE: "I386\TXTSETUP.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF"
FILE: "I386\WGA.000",From="C:\Work\unattended\cd\I386\WGA.in_"
DELETE: "I386\svcpack.inf"
DELETE: "I386\tcpip.sys"

As you can see it does more then it should. But I've checked all these files and I can't find any changes that should explain why it would make the WGA tool any better. All the HIVECLS.INF like files just contain translations and some weird function to turn the firewall on in the setup process.

Can anyone help me?? I would really appreciate it if someone knows what nlite does what rvm intergrator doesn't to help fix the problem!

Edited by DeathKnight