An easy fix for Commandline Issues

ronin2040

It seems a lot of people have been having problems with the Commandline Colors patch of XPize. I had the same problem, but did a little snooping around my computer, and found an easy fix.

The Regfile that makes the change has an entry that autoruns the command "CD %windir%" whenever the command prompt is run. I removed this, reapplied the reg file, and all my scripts work.

If you guys wanna manually fix it, go into "%windir%\XPize\Resources" (the folder is hidden) and edit the file "XPize Command.reg".

The very first section in it should look something like this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor]"AutoRun"="title %username% @ %computername% - %date% &&color 1a &&CD %windir% &&prompt $s$p$b$s&&cls &&ECHO. &&ECHO %time% - XPize"

"CompletionChar"=dword:00000009

"DefaultColor"=dword:00000000

"EnableExtensions"=dword:00000001

"PathCompletionChar"=dword:00000040

Simply delete the highlighted text, save the file, and re-apply it.

Note that the text might be slightly different, but regardless, the whole CD command needs to be wiped out.

Also note that the changes can be reverted by applying the "Default Command.reg" regfile.

Other than that, great work, XPero. I use XPize everywhere--even at work (tho it seems to cause random issues?)

Edited by ronin2040