Dell/intel drivers

rssfed23

Hi there,

Does any one know how i can get my vedeo card to get a higher resoloution that 640x480 (probally needs vista drivers). THe computer is a dell dimension 2400 and the device is a Intel 845G/845GL/845GE/845GV graphics chip (onboard)

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

I'm using a 915GM in a Toshiba Equium M40x-189.

All I did was download the drivers from the toshiba website and put them on pendrive, then installed Vista - using a standard VGA adaptor - then ran the exe from Toshiba/Intel.

Have a look on the Dell website for drivers. And I had to manually enable glass in the registry, but apart fro that it works fine.

The drivers on the website are exe files, and wont work with Vista (a message comes up saying so).

When i try to manually update the drivers using the drivers that the exe extracted, i just get installing driver software for ages, until it gos away and nothing has changed.

many older video cards and onboard cards do not have drivers that will work with Vista, you just may be out of luck, if you can try and get a AGP card to try, you will probably have better luck getting drivers for a AGP video card then the onboard video card, Nvidia has decent drivers for vista, ATI to for the most part,

Thats the problem: no AGP port, the computer is about 1.5 years old so no pcie either.

I suppose i could just get a new motherboard (im thinking about replaceing myne anyway).

Thanks for all your help (much more usefull than the dell forums: all they said were it's on the cd),

Rob

The drivers on the website are exe files, and wont work with Vista (a message comes up saying so).

When i try to manually update the drivers using the drivers that the exe extracted, i just get installing driver software for ages, until it gos away and nothing has changed.

I found exactly the same thing trying to install the ATI Mobility drivers on my Dell Latitude D600 - it loops the setup twice and fails to put the new driver on.

However, I went into Device Manager and selected "update driver" on the Standard VGA Adapter and pointed to the folder where I had the installation files and it copied them in just fine.