Bootskin chooser application

esp

Hi all,

a contribution from me.

I made (with a little help from Gunsmokingman) a .hta file that contains all my bootscreens (29 in total).

You can run this app from WPI or Runonce, ...

Hovering above an image reveals some explenations and clicking the image installs that particular bootscreen.

What it actually does is just making some adjustments to your boot.ini because the actual bootscreens.Exe files are allready copied into you system32 when installing windows. They are placed in $OEM$\$$\system32.

The actual bootscreens are too large to upload here but I will upload them if demand is high enough.

There is one negative side to this program.. it kinda takes away the 'install Windows without userinterface' thing away. When this .hta file is called, it's going to need userinterface to choose the bootscreen.

This is how it looks like

pic.jpg

Download the file here:

Bootskinapp.zip

EDIT; the scripts ncluded are for AMD comps only. Intel with hyperthreading and dual cores need other kernel files. Read up on this in the MSFN guide. Use the script below to adapt the whole thing to intel hyperthreading/dual cores.

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

FOR /F "tokens=3 delims= " %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment" /v NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS') DO SET NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=%%A

bootcfg /copy /D "Windows XP Professional" /ID 1

if %NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%==2 goto DUAL

REM ----For Single proc

bootcfg /RAW "/Kernel=singkrnl.exe" /A /ID 1

goto End

:DUAL

REM ----For Multiprocess/Hyperthread proc

bootcfg /RAW "/Kernel=dualkrnl.exe" /A /ID 1

:End

bootcfg /Timeout 0

bootcfg /Default /ID 1

EXIT