Produce clean, small executables from C/C++ code.

which os. If you want an ide for windows you can try

MinGW Studio - Uses MinGW (a port of GCC to windows).

DevC++ - Uses mingw as well

Rhino - Can be configured to use any compiler once you know the command line.

At the moment if you use any c++ compiler it will give more or less the same results (approx same file sizes etc) with all ompilers producing as small as possible an exe.If you really want to compress your exe use upx with options to strip the icons from the file header.

Linux use gcc

Thanks for the replies! Yes I want to develop Windows applications .. and preferably on a Windows platform.

An example of how small I mean.. Pyron's has made a few contributions to the unattended forums, he created a little Win app (I guess he used C++) of merely 4KB! I already sent him a PM a week ago but I still don't have a reply. This program of his is called WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe and it monitors and writes to the registry.

It isn't UPX compressed btw.

Thanks for the replies! Yes I want to develop Windows applications .. and preferably on a Windows platform.

An example of how small I mean.. Pyron's has made a few contributions to the unattended forums, he created a little Win app (I guess he used C++) of merely 4KB! I already sent him a PM a week ago but I still don't have a reply. This program of his is called WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe and it monitors and writes to the registry.

It isn't UPX compressed btw.

That app does not contain the usual Microsoft copyright string... nor does it contain the standard Runtime Library that is usually present. All it uses are the existing DLLs. However the code is definitely the output of a compiler.

• 2 weeks later...