[Release] new Drivers from CD method

devilrunner

This is not my method. Major thanks to idle.newbie and hp38guser, as most of this is their work.

Thanks also go out to Pyron for making SetupCopyOEMInf.exe and WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe, which are used in this method.

I based it on the older AutoIT method (HERE).

In certain scenario's I needed to skip the drivers part. This wasn't possible in neither the AutoIT method or the 'simple method'.

solution: modifie the AutoIT method with a gui messagebox asking if u wish to use the drivers.

Being an unattended cd this messagebox is only shown for x seconds beforce continuing with yes.

This is what you have to do:

Download the attached zip file, and unzip to your drivers dir on the cd.

(There are 4 files in the zip: Drivers.au3, Process.exe, SetupCopyOEMInf.exe, WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe)

Download 7za.exe & Autoit.exe found in the other method.

(These files will run from the CD, and are never copied to the Hard Drive.)

Open up winnt.sif (located in i386), and add two lines under [GuiUnattended], as shown below:

[GuiUnattended]
DetachedProgram = ".\system32\cmd.exe"
Arguments="/Q /C FOR /F %I IN (%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\$WINNT$.INF) DO (FOR %J IN (%Idrivers) DO (IF EXIST %J (start /min /D%J Autoit3.exe Drivers.au3)))"

note:I am using a folder called /drivers in the root of the cd, if you use another folder change the path in the above code

Place your 7z driver packs in the same directory %cdrom%\drivers

Notes:

-= Plug'n Play devices are detected during Windows Setup after the DetachedProgram stage (which is when this script is run), so Windows Setup will detect and install all applicable drivers.

-= Any type of folder names can be used. (Don't worry about spaces in the folder names.) For example: "Wireless Card Drivers" will work just as well (even though there are spaces in the name) as "WiFi_Drivers". I've personally tested this method, and it works perfectly (I installed laptop OEM drivers, PCI card drivers, etc. - all without a problem).

-= Also, please note this method will not work for MassStorage Device drivers.

-= This method does not require any files to be copied over the the HDD - it runs totally from the CD.

drivers.7z

post-21420-1135253566_thumb.jpg

Edited by devilrunner