Lan problem with Asus A8N SLI

y0ngcheng

I got a problem here, My integrated lan port is not working, and I have a few unknown devices shown in my device manager. Those devices are coming from my mobo A8N. I thought maybe I didnt install the drivers causing the integrated lan not working. So I tried installing their nforce driver and so on, and they prompt me to restart.

My saddest part, stuck at the window loading bar screen. Keep loading and loading, restart again and went to "last known good config" and came back to Windows. Tried a couple of times installing but till now I'm unable to use my lan port. Attached the unknown devices pic below. What are the possible problems and solutions?

moboprob.jpg

1 of my local spammer actually told me that the 'marvel yukon drivers' helps.

Seriously need help here, I dont wish to install a LAN card just because my mobo screwed up. :no::no:

I also have this mobo

One of the ports is nvidia drivers and the other is marvell yukon, all the drivers for the mobo are on the disk that came with it.

When installing the nvidia lan, make sure when the pop up box comes up that you say no to the nvidia firewall and network manager, it screws everything up from past experience.

If you installed all drivers that came on mobo disk then you should not have any unknown devices unless you added in PCI cards for other devices, bluetooth etc

Hope this helps

Graeme

****.. when I install the drivers from the disc that comes with the mobo, it appears to be installing. But when I restarted it and check on Device Manager, they're not installed, only classified to their area. When I try to install the drivers manually, access is deined windows pop out.

Attached a screenies below.

moboprob2.jpg

I think previously I had installed the nvidia firewall and network management, how do I uninstall them? Or do I need to format? I hope not.. :no:

You can uninstall the nvidia stuff by add/remove programs and selecting network manager, that also uninstalls the firewall.

The access denied message comes up because you might not be logged in as administrator, make sure your user account has administrator priveleges.

You can uninstall the nvidia stuff by add/remove programs and selecting network manager, that also uninstalls the firewall.

The access denied message comes up because you might not be logged in as administrator, make sure your user account has administrator priveleges.

Thanks. Troubleshoot-ed. :lol: