Office 2003 unattended install problem

hohner

Hi,

I have a custom install disc of windows xp with sp2 and approximately 25-30 post sp2 updates slipstreamed. I tried to get Office 2003 to install silently. I have slipstreamed office sp2 and a few updates for other components such as visio, frontpage etc.

I created an MST file using Ork tools.

I use this switch in my switch when I launch setup.exe

TRANSFORMS=#systemdrive#\Install\Office2003\OfficePRO11\UNATTENDED.MST /qn

When this is launched as a test under my existing windows installation it works fine, but when it is launched when I install windows it does not install.

According to my install log it was successful, and when it is executing it appears to be installing because the hdd is active, but when I get to the desktop there is no installation of any office 2003 products what so ever.

This is really frustrating me and I've read many posts trying to find the answer but I can't seem to find another post with similar problems.

Help appreciated.

Sorry for double posting, but a few days after I posted the first one I tried to find it without success. I even did a search by my user name and came up with all the old posts but not that one so I assumed that I made a mistake during the post creation and thought it didn't go through properly.

Could a Moderator please delete this thread?

Thankyou

Edited by hohner