[Help] - Streets and Trips 2006 Install (Run CD not detected)

MrChris

I just downloaded Streets and Trips 2006 from (Login Required) https://licensing.microsoft.com/eLicense/L1033/Default.asp but after I extract the SFX to a folder and create and ISO the install from CD1 starts but when It asks for the CD2 (Run CD) it is not seeing it for some reason. Everything on CD2 looks fine. I have created many ISOs and even tried to install it from a local folder with same results. And it doesnt even give me the option to point to a path for CD2 just an insert CD window and OK.

Can I maybe combine the 2 CD's into a single DVD?

Any Ideas?

Many thanks,

MrChris

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Edited by Zxian

Can I maybe combine the 2 CD's into a single DVD?

Yes, you can combine the two CD's. I have combined both into one DVD and it works fine.

Copy all contents from CD2 to CD1. CD2 may have files that are in CD1 but they are exactly the same. So can overwrite them but to save time, don't overwrite them. Make sure all files from CD2 are on CD1 keeping the folder structure the same.

In the root directory of CD1 and CD2, there are autorun.ini files that are not similar. Keep the autorun.ini files from CD1, not CD2. Also other files in root of CD2 that are similar in CD1 do not overwrite those.

**** MOST IMPORTANT: Make sure the CD label is that of CD1. ******

The CD label is how it recognizes whether the correct CD is inserted. (I think it's GEONA13. I'm not at home so I can't confirm the label.)

Then create an iso of all files in CD1. I would test it out with a virtual cd-rom program before burning to DVD.

Let me know if any problemos arise. :D

Edited by spacesurfer

these 2 seperate downloads are not actually iso files. they are exe's that unzip to a folder of your choosing.

you have several options including....

1. making a dvd of the combined cd's (mentioned in this thread)

2. redownloading the 2nd cd

3. do a administrative install of streets

i started the download from microsoft after i left work....and tommrow i will check out the files i downloaded....

and will update this post tommrow morning...

these 2 seperate downloads are not actually iso files. they are exe's that unzip to a folder of your choosing.

you have several options including....

1. making a dvd of the combined cd's (mentioned in this thread)

2. redownloading the 2nd cd

3. do a administrative install of streets

i started the download from microsoft after i left work....and tommrow i will check out the files i downloaded....

and will update this post tommrow morning...

If the program allows you to make a DVD, I'd let the program do it. I actually had the ISO's of the two CD's that I combined.

Some programs recognize where the program is running from (hard drive of cd-rom drive), and it won't let you run from hard drive. Therefore, you'll never get a "browse path" box to point to the hard drive.

Also, these programs look for the correct CD label.

this download in particular is goofy...it's a winzip self extractor...i've burned the files to cd...but during the 2nd cd...it errors out....it won't even let me do a admin install..maybe monday i will try the a combinded dvd