WMP10...

slu77er

G'day all,

After searching the countless pages referring to the 'black screen' found on WMP10, I am surprised to find that my particular problem doesn't seem to have been addressed anywhere...

I am running XP home edition and WMP10 seems to work fine in all areas BUT for some reason it wont show visual of my WIN98SE back up disk which of course has 'Flight Simulator' on it. I hear the sound coming through loud and clear and all the other 'bells and whistles' seem to work as they are supposed to. It plays cd's and streams media and does anything else I ask of it so...

Why has it decided not to read this disc visually? Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

* The first time I played the WIN98SE disc it worked fine with visual and audio as it should be but I think I may have clicked something I shouldn't have that has caused this problem... :blushing:

** I have also tested the disc to see whether I somehow 'wiped' it but it works fine on the other PC I keep here for just this reason.

*** If I simply place the disk in the drive without opening WMP first, the 'splash' screen appears but if I try to clik on any of the icons I get an annoying lil' message "Please reinsert your Win98 CD ROM"...

LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH!! :wacko: