[Question] - WGA Re-validation.

WDGC

Since the introduction of WGA validation I've had to validate 4 times, that is, re-validate on 3 occasions.

I've used both the ActiveX Control and Windows Genuine Advantage Tool executable file methods to validate, but neither seems to "hold" for an extended period. However, according to the Genuine Windows FAQ, this should not be the case:

-- Q:

Do I have to revalidate if I reinstall Windows on my system?

A:

Yes. You will need to revalidate each time you reinstall Windows. However, you will only need to validate once per reinstallation. --

Genuine Windows FAQ

Have others had this experience? Is there a way to overcome it?

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Edited by Zxian

Stop being such a goof about validation. Like who really gives a sh**? Do YOU? Do I?

There's a g'zillion copies of XP roaming around out there that require NO validation at all, no matter how many times you install or re-Install them. And ya know what?.....they pass the MS validation check program with flying colors. :yes::thumbup

Am I advocating hacking or warez? heck NO, just stating a very well know fact. NO illegal activity intended.

Merry Christmas,

:angel

Stop being such a goof about validation. Like who really gives a sh**? Do YOU? Do I?

"... a goof about validation. ..." ? - Your appraisal of a simple, straightforward question is rather odd.

You apparently are not familiar with the concepts of curiosity and the desire to know.