Gaming and Programming Install?

Ok, I've been searching these forums but couldn't find it.

I'm looking to make the smallest possible windows install that will be fast (removing all junk), let me play my games (all steam games, bf2, cod2, mmorpgs, etc.), internet access, and programming.

What exactly can i remove using nlite, or any other program (if better) what services are essential for vb, c# c++, kaspersky av, firefox, aim, yahoo, video editing, and graphics editing basically.

All help would be appreciated even though this post in vague, please give me the best possible suggestions, possibly ss's of it.

Edited by 1-Hit

firefox - search for silence of the foxes

bf2 - in the app install sub forum go in the autoit scripts stickky and my script is listed on the last page

Steam i believe uses the "/S" to silently install

to get it to copy the games you have to have the game installed, and d-load all the games you want / updated, then copy the steamapps folder from the base of the steam folder, then you just have to copy it over using a batchfile

MKDIR "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\SteamApps"
taskkill /F /IM Steam.exe
START /WAIT XCOPY "Location\SteamApps" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\SteamApps" /E /I /Q /R /Y

(remove the x86 from the prog files dir if you dont have 64 bit windows)

for programming is it VS (post 2k3)? if so sea this post: here

Search for universal switch finder, d-load it and you can drag the prog onto it and it will determine on common installers if there is a silent install (though regretfully most games do not have a silent install)

as i don't use most of the other programs listed (or have not gotton aaround to automating them (like COD2)) i can't help you to much on them