Remote Desktops

XterC

Hi All,

Need some help here....

I need to find out where I can get a copy of remote desktops that shows up on adminstrative Tools on windows 2003 not the one on XP, as I need to be able to remote to the console from an XP workstation.

I've downloaded a copy of admin pack from

http://www.petri.co.il/extract_specific_to...dminpak_msi.htm

It doesn't seem to have remote desktops in there.

Also I just want to be able to extract remote desktops nothing else....

Thanks.

Regards,

Tony

No, that's the web connection client. You're looking for the Remote Desktops console from the Administrative Tools (adminpak.msi). I've never tried using the previous link to install specific components of the adminpak, but I've just installed the adminpak.msi from an extracted Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 source on my XP box, and there it is in administrative tools.

The only reason why I want to be able to just extract this component is user will be VPN into their work PC which is running windows 2003 and they want to be able to logon to the console. And because of this reason, they don't need to install the whole admin pack tools on their home pc.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciated.... :-)

Edited by XterC

I would follow the instructions linked in your first post to install just the remote desktops console, but I would grab the actual adminpak.msi file from a Windows Server 2003 SP1 source (downloaded from microsoft.com, preferrably). That should work.

• 1 month later...