C++ Networking Code

Greetings

Okay...As I know this can be a bit of a "touchy" subject, I'll answer a few things right-up-front.

Q. What are my plans for the resulting code?

A. Testing in (my) lab only. I'm an MCSA working for an MCSP & working on a CEH certification.

Q. Am I trying to build a "Nuker"?

A. Yes, but, as stated above it is/will only be used for lab testing and for the purpose of better understanding how to defend a network properly.

So... While there are tons of sample code bits available, most are for *niX and don't seen to work well when compiling on a Windows box (I'm using MS Visual Studio 2005).

The part I keep getting hung on is finding working code that will allow me to spoof the source IP of the packet being sent.

I'm not posting any of the code I'm currently using to avoiding it's missuse, but will provide it to anyone who is willing to assist me on this project (assuming they properly grasp its intention).

Thank You

Stoic Joker

This will be somewhat difficult. I think such a technique as spoofing the IP requires the use of raw sockets. Not only were raw sockets disabled/hampered in the newest update to windows, but you will have to know how to utilize raw sockets. So...um..look into that I guess.

A lot of the more advanced *nix nuking tools I saw use raw sockets.

Yes the raw socket part is a given, and I've been working with that from the start of this project. I guess I hadn't been paying attention when the MS crippeled raw socket support memo was sent (hehe). ...As that was half of my problem.

The other half is getting the packet header(s) coded properly so they make sense to the target when they get there. I've been using eEye's Iris to analyse the out going packets and the headers are either being ignored, mangled, or both (and I do have SOL_HDRINCL set).

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank You

Stoic Joker

• 3 weeks later...