can i crash windows me? if so how?

(li)conformity(li)

When you say "crash" ME, I think you may be using the wrong term.

If you have ME and want to go back to Windows 98 (I would hope you're talking about 98/SE) then you first need to get all your data files copied off of your hard disk (C:) before you start.

Then make sure you have the driver disks for all your hardware; Motherboard, video card, modem, sound card, ETC. Not having the 98 drivers for some piece of hardware like your video card could ruin your day.

Then you need to make yourself a boot floppy....using ME is just fine for this project.

Then boot up with your ME boot floppy and format C:

Then put in your 98 install CD and go to the \Win98\ folder and run Setup.exe

Windows 98 will then begin to install.

Before you even start this procedure, make sure your 98 CD is free of scratches or mars. Also make sure you have the original 25 digit registry key for that CD.

Getting 98 back on the HD is the easy part.....getting all the hardware drivers loaded is another matter all together.

You may want to just clean up ME, dump out those worthless Restore files and go on from there. ME has some great attributes not found in 98 or even 98/SE.

Since learning how to work with ME, I've never gone back to SE on any computer I've worked on.

If you decide to just fix ME and keep it....I can help you.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays,

Andromeda43