Unattend crash

Daemonforce

Hey I've been trying to get through a really weird problem today where my unattend file is causing a crash one way or another upon disk drive detection in vmware. I try narrowing down the problem but I still can't get anywhere with it. Txtsetup crashes at setupdd.sys with this file:

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

OemPreinstall = yes

NoWaitAfterTextMode = 1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode = 1

FileSystem = NTFS

ExtendOEMPartition = 1

KeyboardLayout = "US-International"

[userData]

FullName = "Windows User"

OrgName = ""

ComputerName = *

[GuiUnattended]

OemSkipWelcome = 1

OEMBlankAdminPassword = 1

TimeZone = "(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana"

[Display]

ConfigureAtLogon = 0

BitsPerPel = 16

XResolution = 1024

YResolution = 768

VRefresh = 60

AutoConfirm = 1

[Network]

DetectAdapters = ""

InstallProtocols = ProtocolsSection

InstallServices = ServicesSection

JoinWorkgroup = WORKGROUP

I know there is either something missing or I'm making an invalid arguement somewhere because something is wrong with it. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Oh yeah, on an unrelated note has anyone found a way to integrate SP6 into Windows NT? I really need to do that. =/

Your topic states "NT" do you mean NT4 Server or Windows 2000 or Windows 2003?

I didn't think you could do unattended with NT4?

You don't have the unattended method. e.g. unattended = ReadOnly or Full or Hidden, even though your unattendedinstall=yes

Integration of SP6 into NT4 can't be done, you'll probably need to call it seperately

Your topic states "NT" do you mean NT4 Server or Windows 2000 or Windows 2003?

I didn't think you could do unattended with NT4?

You don't have the unattended method. e.g. unattended = ReadOnly or Full or Hidden, even though your unattendedinstall=yes

Hoooah! :o
:rolleyes:

I knew there was something missing and I didn't expect it to be that. =/ I'll try it though.

My topic subtitle contains NT4 Server and that's part it. I have the NT4A disc that appears to allow installation on ANY computer. o_O Alpha, i386, MIPS, PPC...If you look in the support folder you'll find the OPK for it. If the problem is that it doesn't produce that vital tag that you mentioned, there may be a serious problem...Oh well...Revisions go unfixed without me. :lol:

Integration of SP6 into NT4 can't be done, you'll probably need to call it seperately

Are you sure about that? =/ There must be a way to at least slipstream it manually. Ew. O_o

There's no way to slipstream service packs with NT4. You could manually replace system files from the service pack's file list, but I'm not certain that would be 100% foolproof (nor would it be a supported configuration from Microsoft). However, it may be worth trying just for kicks :).

There's no way to slipstream service packs with NT4.

*pokes SP1 integrated installer*

o_O

You could manually replace system files from the service pack's file list, but I'm not certain that would be 100% foolproof (nor would it be a supported configuration from Microsoft). However, it may be worth trying just for kicks :).

I am well aware of this, but it's unsupported anyway. The CD name suggests I have the NT Alpha. :blink:

KeyboardLayout = "US-International"

TimeZone = "(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana"

Are you sure those are valid entries?

Yeah those are perfectly valid according to NT's OPK.

Borrow somebody's else Winnt.sif and see if that help's.

It would be nice if there was a sticky in the Unattend forum of all the available codes and switches for WINNT.SIF. I'm thinking I'm missing a parameter instead of having invalid info, but I could be wrong. The SIF I posted is a valid export of NT's Setup Manager. It's crashing the text portion of setup! WTF? =/

Ok from what it appears, the Data tag was killing it. I have my setup disc in debug mode and I removed the Data tag. Now it just hangs with setup options and a message at the bottom Searching for previous versions of Microsoft Windows. Does anyone know what's going on here? =/