need feedback on this cmd

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%i:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Dirvers and Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "chipset" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\000_chipset\Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\Z00.log\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Network Card" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\001_network\Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\Z01.log\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "OnBoard Graphics" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\002_graphics\Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\Z02.log\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Sound Card" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\003_sound\Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\Z03.log\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 7.0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Apps\Adobe\AdbeRdr70_enu_full.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "***Insert Disc 2***" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "cdswitch WHXXP_NL2 %CDROM%" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Office 2003 Pro" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Pivotal 5.1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Pivotal\setup.exe /s /v /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

I got 4 drivers to install from installshield and 3 apps. I'm using CDswitch for the 2 disc install.

will this work if the drivers are installed from the folder in the partition then we swtich to the CD Rom to install office 2003 and Pivotal? :huh:

Is this for a networked environment? If so I'd recommend creating an Office AIP...but don't integrate the service packs the way Microsoft recommends.

The reason for creating an Office AIP is that you can prevent setup from creating the MSOCache directory (basically a copy of the CD) on the local hard drive. Then if you have any "Install on First Run" items they'll be installed from the network share.

Tomorrow I'll try to remember to post details of how I have my Office AIP setup.

I use a network share to install applications on a machine using RunOnceEx at first logon after joining the domain. This relies on logon scripts and a custom (but simple) registry value...but it works nicely. :)

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

I remembered..... :)

Create a share on a server called Office$. Your users will only need read access to this share. I use the $ to keep the share hidden, although that's not a requirement. For the purposes of this we'll use \\SERVER\Office$ to reference the share. Referencing everything to the UNC path will prevent having to map the share for all of your users (which would negate the reason for hiding the share).

On the share create a new directory called Office2003. Run an adminstrative install of Office 2003 (setup.exe /a) and point it to \\SERVER\Office$\Office2003\ when it asks for the install location.

Now create two more new folders on the share called Office2003Updates and Office2003Transforms. Download all of the Office 2003 SP2 full files and extract the .MSP files to \\SERVER\Office$\Office2003Updates\. You'll also need the ohotfix.exe, ohotfix.ini and ohotfixr.dll from one of the full file patches. Place these files in the Office2003Updates directory as well. Rename the .MSP files as follows (this forces them to run in order):

01-MAINSP2ff.msp

02-OWC102003SP2ff.msp

03-OWC11SP2ff.msp

04-VISIOSP2.msp

05-PROJECTSP2.msp

06-ONENOTESP2.msp

98-OTKLOADR.msp

99-OUTLFLTR.msp

All you have to do for any new patches is extract the .MSP into the same directory and keep up the numbering. The monthly Outlook Junk Filter updates are cumulative so just replace the 99-OUTLFLTR.msp with the newest version.

Now run the Office 2003 Custom Installation Wizard pointing at \\SERVER\Office$\Office2003\PRO11.MSI. Create a new transform saving it to \\SERVER\Office$\Office2003Transforms\OFFICE2003.MST.

Now you need to edit some INI files. Open the OHOTFIX.INI file located in \\SERVER\Office$\Office2003Updates\. Find the ShowSuccessDialog setting and change it from 1 to 0.

Next you want to find the SETUP.INI for Office. This file is located in \\SERVER\Office$\Office2003\FILES\SETUP\. Change the following options as follows (default setting -> new setting):

;USERNAME=Customer  ->  USERNAME=Default setting for your users
;COPMANYNAME=my company -> COMPANYNAME=Your Company Name
;Display=None -> Display=basic
;CompletionNotice=Yes -> CompletionNotice=No
CDCACHE=auto -> CDCACHE=0
DELTEABLECACHE=1 ->;DELETEABLECACHE=1
PURGE=0 ->;PURGE=0

Now add the following to the bottom of the SETUP.INI:

[ChainedInstall_1]
Path=OWC11.MSI
TaskType=msi
IgnoreReturnValue=1
CmdLine=REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB
Reboot=0

[ChainedInstall_2]
Path=\\SERVER\Office$\Office2003Updates\ohotfix.exe
TaskType=exe
IgnoreReturnValue=1
CmdLine=REBOOT=ReallySuppress
Reboot=0

I keep a copy of the SETUP.INI in both the \\SERVER\Office$\Office2003\ and the \\SERVER\Office$\Office2003\FILES\SETUP\ directories.

Once you've done all of that you simply need to run setup using the following switches:

\\SERVER\Office$\Office2003\SETUP.EXE TRANSFORMS=\\SERVER\Office$\Office2003Transforms\OFFICE2003.MST /settings setup.ini /qb /noreboot

This should install Office 2003 with the options you chose in the Custom Installation Wizard, Install Office 2003 Web Components (Chained Install item 1 in SETUP.INI) and then apply Service Pack 2 (Chained Install item 2 in SETUP.INI).

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

Is there any particular reason all reg keys are numbered 000, normally they would count upwards.

People tend to do this in 5's so that they can fill in the spaces with other apps as required.

e.g.

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "chipset" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\000_chipset\Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\Z00.log\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Network Card" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\001_network\Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\Z01.log\"" /f

would be

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "chipset" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\000_chipset\Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\Z00.log\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Network Card" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\001_network\Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\Z01.log\"" /f

other than that, i do similar to nmX.Memnoch

Wow...good catch, I completely missed it.

Yeah...you need to increment the 000 for each new item you want installed. Else you're just overwriting the value in the registry and only the last item added will be performed.

I should've also mentioned in my previous post that the reason I do a sub-directory for Office2003 under the Office$ share is that I also have admin install points for FrontPage 2003 and Visio 2003 on the same share...which is also the reason for the seperate Office2003Transforms and Office2003Updates directories.

lol.. i totally forgot to update those increment :blushing:

also, it looks like no folder under $OEM$\$$ and $OEM$\$1 was copied to the HDD... isn't it supposed to be done automatically? :}

Edited by folken2k