What to do ?

Jeanolb

Hello there,

As a Belgian Vision Systems Integrator, we use original OEM CD Windows XP Pro SP2 to drive our specific applications on "home made" computers.

As an example: ASUS NCCH-DL motherboard, Dual Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz, 2 GB DDR RAM, Seagate ST3146807LW SCSI HDD controled by Adaptec SCSI 320 adapter (always low level formatted with 16GB partition for Windows), DVD-RAM, Floppy drive. That's all we use until Windows is installed.

Now, starting the OEM CD from DVD drive to install Windows XP Pro SP2, and using F6, introducing the floppy for SCSI 320 drive, the system is reading and writing until I recieve the following message:

< Software Installation has not passed Windows Logo Testing > : : Surprice !

We use original CD's, and Windows do not recognize his own software ???

Windows advice us to stop installation !

I wonder if someone can explain this "unlogical" decision ?

I agree, some periferical hardware do have such situation, like graphics card, and advice to continue, but Windows for Windows...

I really will appreciate Your comments and thanks in advance,

Jean

P.S.: I already asked this question on French Support Microsoft, but NO answer.

pressing f6 installs any third party drivers for RAID etc so that windows can "see" all your drives during installation,

so that your reason, it is a driver that is unsigned by Microsoft, therefore you get an error. so unless the third party company actually have microsoft digitally sign this diver you will alway receive this message.

or at least that is my understanding and interpretation of it :)

hope this helps

Thanks for respons.

But I'm not sure the driver for Adaptec SCSI 320 is the reason, because after receiving the first message, without any detail about the Test, several minutes later (when I decide to continue !), there is an other identical message, but with the reason the SCSI 320 drive for the Adaptec card has not passed Windows Logo Testing. So, the first message is quit in the beginning of installation.

And as I said before, there is only one (1) HDD connected, NO other drive, NO RAID, NO sound card...

Is there any procedure to check the reason ?

I think I will give it an other try, with a clean HDD, and put down the minutes and development of installation, maybe that will help ?

I'll keep in touch,

Jean

You will find that it wont matter what hdd you use - whether its formatted or not - if you are using the same SCSI adapter.

Visit Adaptec's website for a updated driver or try using a windows xp answer file to use during installation [winnt.sif]. You can find out about this with the OPK or looking at the MSFN unattended guide at the top of the page - or click http://unattended.msfn.org/ lol

In the answer file, you need to specify this:

[Unattended]
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

in order to help prevent windows setup complaining when you are installing windows with unsigned drivers.

Dont worry about the answer file too much - but keep it very simple to prevent errors during setup.

Save the file as winnt.sif [make sure to use notepad.exe and save it as a .sif NOT winnt.sif.txt which can happen if u dont take care to change the save type]

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Regards

Nath