Introduction gUSMT

fly

This is one of those applications I wrote because M$ USMT tool is phenomenal for copying a user's profile from one machine to another, but has a somewhat steep learning curve. This GUI application allowed most of my techs to use the program with great ease.

I included some documentation with it, but it should be pretty straight forward. Most of the USMT settings I use should work well for just about everyone. The software is designed to run on a network share, but could be configured to run on a local PC as well.

I'm actually leaving work shortly, but would love to hear any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns. Throughout all this, I've become pretty good with USMT, so feel free to ask questions about it as well.

http://uselessforums.com/crap/gUSMT_v1.4.zip

Edited by fly

This looks rather handy...I have no way to test it now that it's the weekend, but it looks to be perfect for backing up a user profile before a reload. Thanx for the slick app!

Well, in that case, please check the first post, as I updated it a little before I left on Friday. I added in some warnings if the settings aren't right in settings.ini.

I just downloaded USMT to use for profile transfer, i wanted to check if it was safe to use on a possible virus/malware infected machine or should it only be used on a clean machine..?

I suppose its possible that a virus could be moved with USMT, as it picks up Office files that may be infected. However, I'd say the chances are pretty unlikely.

Then my only concern would be registry settings that may have been comprimised by Malware.. Thanks for the tool, I'll test as soon as I can. :thumbup

Even if they were, the files associated with them are not likely to be included with the USMT scanstate...