Riprep Errors

sdomit

I have a RIS server installed, setup and working. I have also have several Riprep images stored on it that work fine from PXE boot. The problem is now that when I try to Riprep an image to the RIS server I get the following errors:

Invalid handle error message, then the red stops come flooding in. The riprep log looks like this:

Error 0x00000006: UNC\server\REMINST\Setup\English\Images\RIPREP1\i386\Mirror1\UserData\WINDOWS

User requested a retry of the last operation.*

* 11/15/2005 15:31:28

Error 0x00000003: C:\WINDOWS\0.log

* 11/15/2005 15:31:29

Error 0x00000003: C:\WINDOWS\Blue Lace 16.bmp

* 11/15/2005 15:31:30

Error 0x00000003: C:\WINDOWS\bootstat.dat

* 11/15/2005 15:31:30

Error 0x00000003: C:\WINDOWS\clock.avi

* 11/15/2005 15:31:31

The only thing that has changed from when it was working until now is the network backbone was upgraded from 100 MB to 1 GB. Ever since then, I can bring images down from the RIS server but cannot Riprep new ones to the RIS server.

I haven't had much luck with the forums or google, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

• 7 months later...

Hi, had the same problem yesterday..

you need to reinstall your RIS server and it will work.

Also check the client pc's, there might be something like RTVscan.exe running (symantec antivirus) and you need to disable the service, then restart and try again.

that's how I fixed it!

• 3 weeks later...

I've actually seen this happen in the order you described when running real-time SAV scanning (rtvscan.exe or doscan.exe) at the same time an image was uploading. The SAV real-time scanning of the incoming files screws up the SIS groveler, causing retries (and thus riprep starts failing). If you UNINSTALL (not just disable) any real-time A/V scanning on the system, that may resolve the issue as well.

• 2 weeks later...