How to remove initial splash screen?

WildKat

When I start up my PC, right at the beginning before XP starts loading and when memory test is being done and processor is shown, I get an Advent splash screen which I would like to remove so I can see the first screen when I boot up.

Ive looked around the net but cant find any ways of removing this screen, anyone else have this problem?? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Those can only be disabled through BIOS, those are the sort of advertising ones.. like on Sony VAIO laptops it shows a Sony animation, and on allot of ASUS boards it shows an ASUS logo when it should show all specs (mem,cpu,hd,cd-rom).. The options vary for each different brand, so best is just to go and hit delete when u see the screen, then when its in bios, go through all pages and find something named like "Show splash screen" or "Show logo on boot up".. check it out, wont be too hard..

some dont give you that option though like Compaq lol

so you have to like flash the BIOS to get rid of itwith some bios that doesnt have that in it

but to display the specs info behind the splash screen i think the comon key to hit is ESC

• 3 weeks later...

In msconfig go to boot.ini and click SOS, you wil loose the black windows screen(in professional) and see the drivers loading and then get the blue Microsoft NT screen and a quick disk scan and then login screen.

Oopps......I think you want to disable the bios splash screen. As already stated, most bioses give you an option to disable it.