Possible tweaks in unattended install ?

Hi all !

I am kind of new here and have some basic? questions.

I have a Swedish XP pro with SP2 and I have included hotfixes by svcpack.inf with VLK key

Q1: Although I have choosen "AutomaticUpdates=yes" in the winnt.sif , windows still asks me to choose if I want to have automatic update of hotfixes in the end of installation and protect the computer.

I also have to put in user name and xp checks "the internet connections" bla bla.. register now ?

Is it possible to get it FULLY unattended ?

Q2: After reboot when everything is ready there are 2 questions to answer about the graphics, is it possible to not see them ?

Q3: when everything is ready after reboot in xp I always do 3 things that I really want to automate in the installation, is it possible to:

choose auto arrange for the desktop

in the explorer (file) I want a detailed wiewing, viewing properties I want to see hidden files and DONT hide registred filetypes and NOT hide operating system files

Q4: I am about to start with "RunOnceEx" , anyone have a simple guide besides the one here att MSFN or some tips?

Q5: is there a good and simple way to silent install Media player 10 ?

I really hope someone can take there time to answer some of my question.. :)

Best regards

Kent

Q1: Although I have choosen "AutomaticUpdates=yes" in the winnt.sif , windows still asks me to choose if I want to have automatic update of hotfixes in the end of installation and protect the computer.

I also have to put in user name and xp checks "the internet connections" bla bla.. register now ?

Is it possible to get it FULLY unattended ?

Q2: After reboot when everything is ready there are 2 questions to answer about the graphics, is it possible to not see them ?

Hey,

Q1: Well, make sure you have at least these in winnt.sif:

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
MsDosInitiated = "0"
UnattendedInstall = "Yes"
AutomaticUpdates = "Yes"

[Unattended]
UnattendMode = "FullUnattended"
OemSkipEula = "Yes"
OemPreinstall = "Yes"
UnattendSwitch = "Yes"
WaitForReboot = "No"
DUDisable = "Yes"

[GuiUnattended]
OemSkipWelcome = "1"

Q2: Well, make sure you have at least these in winnt.sif (of course change bits per pel, xres, yres, and refresh if you need to:

[Display]
ConfigureAtLogon = "1"
BitsPerPel = "32"
Xresolution = "1024"
YResolution = "768"
Vrefresh = "85"
AutoConfirm = "1"

Take Care,

Will