word picture resolution

jimbo_jones

Hello All,

I am making a manual and using the Table of Contents. In my manual I insert pictures, in particular technical drawings. What I've found is that the resolution of the jpg I insert from a file don't look very good and I have to pdf the picture and insert it seperately, which is a pain because then I have to make an empty page with the correct heading and level so the TOC works.

SO, my question is it possible to increase the resolution of the picture imported so I looks as good as a pdf?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hello All,

I am making a manual and using the Table of Contents. In my manual I insert pictures, in particular technical drawings. What I've found is that the resolution of the jpg I insert from a file don't look very good and I have to pdf the picture and insert it seperately, which is a pain because then I have to make an empty page with the correct heading and level so the TOC works.

SO, my question is it possible to increase the resolution of the picture imported so I looks as good as a pdf?

Thanks

I think I may have found a solution. Try this.

Word resizes your image so it fits within the boundaries you have defined. If the original size of your image is longer than the boundary, then Word will decrease it to fit and thereby reducing the quality of your image. Find out the size of your image (in inches), then import the image into word, double click, go to the size tab, then specify the original size of your image. This will hopefully display the correct image size and resolution.

• 1 month later...