Unattend.txt

Greetings,

I'm new to the unattended install process and any help is appreciated. I have created an unattended file, but when installing, I still get prompt for setting partitions, file system, and product key. Here's what I have:

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[userData]

ProductKey=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Any ideas for the new guy?

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at these parameters, depending on the value you choose it will determine how partitioning is set.

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

[unattended]

FileSystem-ConvertNTFS

Repartition=No

ExtendOemPartition=0

Being asked to partition the hard disk(s) happens on NT4, W2K, XP, W2K3 collectively. I do not believe that all of the parameters I first listed apply to NT 4.

Is there a particular reason you are still installing an unsupported OS? Besides being unsupported, NT 4 as you may know lacks Plug-n-play support as well so device driver installation is much more tricky.

If you can, install at least W2K.

Good luck.

It's actually a great backup storage and web server on a domain. I didn't get Windows 2000 Advanced Server until later, so the upgrade will probably happen.

I make it my duty to support a minimum OS count:

3 Windows workstations

3 Windows servers

2 live distributions

Just waiting for Longhorn server so I can toss NT 4. ;)

NT 4 doesn't eat a lot of resources though.

2000 is ok but old. At least it like clustering. 2003 just p***es me off to no end. It doesn't belong on an old 400MHz K6 box and I'm starting to believe it's time to upgrade and overclock a 550 just to keep up with minimum requirements(SQL Express) and speed resources. >.<' I have a 2003 box switching back and forth every month at home set as either a web server or domain controller. For some reason FTP is broken in IIS 6.0 in Windows Server 2003 but it's absolutely perfect in Windows .NET Server 2003. What a failure. Now I know SP1 did something to it. >.<'

It's also a problem

What exactly is broken?

FTP

We run huge FTP servers at MS on Windows 2003 without issues (other than FTP being an incredibly insecure protocol, but I digress)...

Nothing is wrong with it. It's just that the FTP part of IIS is fux0r3d once SP1 is installed. I have no idea why this happens. People used to be able to access my FTP, Now they just get OK'd and then the connection immediately gets KO'd. x_X'

I don't have this problem in Windows .NET Server or Windows Server 2003 pre-SP1. :(