Install "message queuing" by default?

Hi!

I assume u r aiming for getting the "Message Queuing" part in IIS installed? On a Win2003 that is:

1. Create a something.inf somewhere, example root of c:\

2. Put the following in the something.inf file:

[Components]

Msmq_Core = On

Msmq_HTTPSupport = On

Msmq_LocalStorage = On

Msmq_MQDSService = On

Msmq_RoutingSupport = On

Msmq_TriggersService = On

Close and save.

3. Open up a cmd.exe and run the following command:

sysocmgr /i:C:\WINDOWS\inf\sysoc.inf /u:c:\something.inf (of course there is switches for quiet mode)

Seems to work.. also, the newest ref.chm & deploy.chm seems to have more info on that.

Over and out from tha Sausage Eater!

To install MSMQ post-install (which is what I'm guessing you are after):

1. Create an answer file with the following components:

Msmq=

To perform an unattended installation of Message Queuing software, make sure msmq=ON. To perform an unattended uninstallation of Message Queuing software, make sure msmq=OFF.

Unattended uninstall automatically removes all message and log files.

Type=

This entry specifies the type of Message Queuing component to install. There are three valid settings: IND, RS and DEP.

Specifying IND for a computer running Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2000 Advanced Server installs a Message Queuing server without routing services Specifying IND for a computer running Windows 2000 Professional installs an independent client Independent client is the default installation type if the entry is not specified.

Specifying RS for a computer running Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2000 Advanced Server installs a Message Queuing server with routing enabled. You cannot specify RS for a computer running Windows 2000 Professional.

Specifying DEP installs a dependent client You cannot install a dependent client on a Windows 2000 domain controller.

ControllerServer=

This entry specifies the NetBIOS or DNS name of the Message Queuing server running on a Windows 2000 domain controller that will be used to communicate with the Message Queuing installation type (IND or RS) being installed in the specified site. You may not have to specify this entry. Setup will try to automatically find such a server. If it fails however, unattended Setup will not continue. If an entry is specified, then unattended Setup will use the entry and will not attempt to find the server automatically.

Do not use this entry if you are installing Message Queuing on a Windows 2000 domain controller.

SupportingServer=

This entry specifies the NetBIOS or DNS name of a Message Queuing server that will be used to support the dependent client being installed. This entry is required.

ServerAuthenticationOnly=

Use this entry only for clients that will communicate with MSMQ 1.0 controller servers running Windows NT 4.0 and that will need to authenticate such a server.

SupportLocalAccountsOrNT4=

This entry is used to support computers running MSMQ 1.0 on Windows NT 4.0 and computers that are logged on using a Local User account. If this entry is set to true, such computers are able to query Active Directory and view Message Queuing objects. If set to false, such computers are not able to query Active Directory.

If used, you must set this entry to true on the first Message Queuing server installed on a Windows 2000 domain controller in your forest.

This setting weakens Active Directory security. For the security implications of setting this entry, see Weakened security considerations

Site=

Use this entry if you are installing a Message Queuing server with routing services enabled (RS installation type). Message Queuing Setup may not be able to automatically resolve the proper site if subnets in your network are not configured correctly. You specify the default site containing the Message Queuing server running on a Windows 2000 domain controller that this server will communicate with.

DisableAD=

This entry is used if you are installing Message Queuing in a workgroup environment or any environment that does not have Active Directory. If set to true, the ControllerServer entry is ignored and the computer will not attempt to connect to a domain controller to access Active Directory. Such a computer requires direct connectivity to other computers to send and receive messages.

This entry is applicable only if you are installing an independent client or a Message Queuing server without routing on a nondomain controller (Type=IND).

2. Run the following command to install MSMQ based on your answer file:

sysocmgr.exe /i:%windir%\inf\sysoc.inf /u:<path and file name of answer file>

I might have mixed up something... MQ for ISS is not what I intended to install

All I would like to have installed automatically is this:

message_queuing.jpg

The solutions mentioned above will not work to accomplish that (thanks anyway guys ;))

Edited by swgreed