Multiboot DVD with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

rapdomendigo

Well, how can i include Windows XP Media Center 2005 in my Multiboot DVD with cdshell?

http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/

Can i proceed with the same methods of other versions.. ? 2k, xp, 2k3? Or i have to make something else?

I already tried use the same method... but the system breaks in the screen: "Setup is inspecting your computer hardware configuration..." and don`t advance to instalation setup...

Someone knows what is happening?

Thank's....

yeah... i edited all, setupdlr.bin and txtsetup.sif.... and the boot sector too... (i thought that was done as windows xp professional.. because 2 system are XP...)

i do exactly as the others OS... http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/

But the setup don`t advance to instalation...

as i said before, breaks in the screen: "Setup is inspecting your computer hardware configuration..."

I did this procediments twice... but without success...

Have any idea?

Thanks.... again...

Some extra things tot try/check...

In BIOS, set everything to a default value (esp. RAM timings) if you OC.

2.In BIOS, try disabling APIC support.

3. If you have more than 1 OS (more so if that OS is a linux build) the partition structure might cause the hang.

4. SMART enabled in the BIOS can cause certain HD's to hang.

5. Check that all hardware is seated properly and check that the HD is set to Master...not Cable Select.

6. If you added custom drivers through nlite or other means......

The drivers may not be getting along with your hardware. Try F6....

Winnt.sif may have values that have been known to break driver installation and initialization of setup if certain prerequisites are not valid in your sif.

I test my Multiboot DVD in VMWare... and in my system too... both don't function...

Only Windows XP Media Center breaks.. all other OS witch i include works perfect... (2k sp4, xp sp2, 2k3 sp1, 98)...

Really, i didin't know whats happening....

Some of you already tried include XP Media Center 2005 in yours Multiboot DVDs? Got works?

Thank's...

I've got Media Center Edition 2005 on my Multiboot DVD, along with Windows XP Home (OEM, VLM, Retail), Professional (OEM, VLM, Retail) and x64 edition...

Media Center Edition 2005 works just fine for me, and I've got Bashrat's driverpack slipstreamed into it, as well as having it call on WPI... Works just like any other OS...

You may want to double check and make sure you ARE using 2005 edition and not 2004, as 2004 is a bit crippled hardware support wise...