Replacing .NET framework

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, I would like to know a solution to this as well. I see that there is a DOTNETFX folder on CD1 but yet there is a netfx.cab on CD2 in the I386 folder in the netfx folder under the cmpnets folder. From what I hear, the one on CD2 is neccessary for MCE to install. I don't think the DOTNETFX folder on CD1 is needed.

So, this brings me to what I was thinking. I used WinZip to extract the netfx1.cab from the .NET Framwork 1.1 setup file. I looked inside the netfx.cab file on CD2 and inside the netfx1.cab from the .NET Framwork 1.1 setup file. The netfx.cab file has a bunch of files in it. BUT, the netfx1.cab has the same files but they are all renamed. As if the setup file renames them while being installed.

I don't know how we could do this, but this may be the answer. If anyone knows anything, please let us know.

Update:

Apparently, the contents of the DOTNETFX folder are that of .NET Framework 1.1. Yet, when you install MCE, it only has 1.0 installed. I guess Microsoft was nice and wanted to include 1.1 for you to install on your own after the initial installation.

I still would like to know how to make MCE install 1.1 rather than 1.0.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any way to replace the .NET framework on CD2 with version 1.1? I don't want to just add version 1.1, I want to eliminate version 1.0 entirely.

thier really isn't a point to that. they all work side by side because of backward compatibliltiy. you will need older versions to run prog's and apps that run on 1.0 only.

the .Net framework guys say its not thier fault. has to do with clients.