remote desktop vs. evil network admins...

goth9

one day i noticed my co-worker rdp into a xp machine, so using my software i started to control the xp machine. i could see everything he was doing. so yes, rdp connections can be watched.

You are providing misinformation, sounds like you had VNC (or similar) software installed on the destination PC which would allow you to watch or hijack a PC.

Of course since this guy's admin hasn't & can't install such software on HIS home PC, obviously there's no way to watch or hijack his session.

Also there is no way to hijack the Remote Desktop connection itself, MS sure as funk wouldn't want man in the middle attacks.

not true

If you have "magic software" that defies the very spec of remote desktop and somehow can break impossible to break in real-time encryption then post a link to it. Otherwise don't post your mindless propaganda here, but please, prove me wrong, back up what you're trying to say. If you can't, please don't say anything at all, you're just trolling.

---------------------

You can't hijack a Remote Desktop session per se. The only way to monitor a Remote Desktop session is if something was install on the destination PC (ex: VNC). Considering you nor his admins have access to this guy's home PC, what you are implying does not apply to him. Despite, being able to watch a Remote Desktop session via PCAnywhere or VNC is by design, you aren't defying Remote Desktop or breaking it's encryption.

Edited by Rhelic