Almost getting it to work

oojosheoo

Hey you guys noobie here. well im in the process putting together Windows Xp PRO and Office 2003 Pro in a dvd. I thought i got it all figured out but something weird happens. First of all i followed the advance installation found here Advance installation and i did every step. And i already know my Windows Xp folder is all good to go becuase i installed Xp on my other computer and everything went very well. Just wanted to install XP and Office 2003 at the same time. So this is wat happens. I pop in the cd before boot and i run from the DVD i made. everything goes well. After Windows Xp sucessfully installs it ask for the admin password. So i type it in and right when windows loads up i can see the batch file i created for Office starts to run. Which is a good sign. But after like 10 sec the batch file just closes. I thought it was all done so i checked to see if Office was on the coputer. but i got nothing. Any ideas??

heres some stuff that might help

this is where i put all my Office 2003 files:

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003

this is where i put the batch file named start.cmd

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install

and this is wat the start.cmd looks like:

CLS

@echo off

TITLE Windows XP SP2 with Office 2003

ECHO.

ECHO Over the next few minutes you will see automated installations

ECHO of Office 2003 Pro. The computer will restart automatically

ECHO once the whole process has finished!

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

Exit

And this is what my WINNT.SIF looks like located at C:\XPCD\I386 :

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

UnattendSwitch="yes"

WaitForReboot="No"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

KeyboardLayout="US"

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=XXXX

EncryptedAdminPassword=Yes

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=4

OemSkipWelcome=1

DetachedProgram=autoit3.exe

Arguments="%systemroot%\System32\Drivers.au3"

[userData]

ProductKey=XXXX

FullName="Joshe"

OrgName=""

ComputerName=Toaster

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

freecell=off

zonegames=off

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

• 2 weeks later...

ok i been thinking about this problem for weeks now....i realised something though..the windows install is perfect..and the batch file for the Office 2003 setup comes up..i can see that the Office is trying to install but then the batch file just closes...and i check to see if anything got installed but nothing..but i found that my folder 'install' has been copied to my C drive..dont know why??so if anyone can help i would be very very very happy and relieved.. :D

EDIT::

ok i been reading i know now that the install folder has to be copied to the C: drive making it the source of instalation...but then why wouldnt the OFFICE2003 setup work??..

Edited by oojosheoo

ok i think im really close..i try to install windows with virtual PC with OFFICE 2003 in my ISO file..and WINDOWS XP installs perfectly like always..and then when the windows welcome screen pops up my batch file starts to load and says "please wait....." so i wait and something else pops up and says that windows is "configuring your system for install"..but then it just closes..and it takes me to the desk top without OFFICE2003..do i need to give the batch file more time??..i think im really close just need to fix some minor glitch..please help

• 1 month later...