Mouse in old dos program

oilernut

I've been trying to fix this problem for years and hoping to find someone somwhere to find a solution to this.

On my parents computer they still run windows 98 but the time has come where they need to upgrade to 2000 or XP but this one program they run will not work in either OS. It is an old dos based solitaire program which seems to run fine in 2000/XP but the mouse cursor is invisible. I have tried every way possible to get it to work using pifs. I am at a loss at what to do to get it to work and no one I can find seems to know either or care.

The program is located at http://www.oilernut.com/solitaire.zip

I hope that someone out there can help me or if they have a better idea on what to do. To bypass the pasword box just hit enter three times.

What happens when you run it in Win9x compatibility mode, or full screen?

Running it through an emulator can make the program rather clunky, as i find with win9x under winnt.

You could, i suppose, dual boot. i have an msdos partition on my pc, even with 120 gb hda.

I have actually tried that, it screws with the graphics and the mouse is still a problem.

What happens when you run it in Win9x compatibility mode, or full screen?

Running it through an emulator can make the program rather clunky, as i find with win9x under winnt.

You could, i suppose, dual boot. i have an msdos partition on my pc, even with 120 gb hda.

I have thought about doing that but rather not if there was any other way. Also I know in windows you can change drive letters, is that possible with the system drive? Because I wouldn't really want to keep C drive in windows as the dos partition.