- Cronjobs

- Interchange & Agora Shopping Carts

- Spam Assassin

- Daily Backups

- Shared SSL!

7 Day Money Back Guarantee

Server is a Intel Pentium IV 1.7Ghz Processor

512MB System Memory.

What do you guys think about these prices and what do you suggest for prices, bandwith, and space?

It all depends on what your needs are, If you make your website without any downloads (bunch of pages with pics here and there) then you can be done with 1-2MB and with a 5GIG data limit you could hold 3000-5000 ppl a month..If you want to host small movies, songs, or any downloads above 2mb I would suggest a higher data limit...

No I think maybe you guys might got the wrong impression. This is a company Im starting and these are the base package I will be offering to people. A ruff draft if you say. i was looking for options on them and suggestions.

Well you definitely offer just about every current feature out, I just wonder about being able to support it all. Like the MySQL stuff is a hog if you get many subscribers. The general outlines look good though, and one more thing, do you plan on having the transfer per month be based on webpages only and not files? or is that included in the plan, i know that puts a huge strain on servers if people are hosting simply files or file(z).

Far as price guidelnes go, you are following what the cheaper hosts are doing but slightly higher than my current host (powweb.com). I would actually go look at their operation because I was with them when they first started and they had many growing pains (and still do occassionally), but they started from a very small unit and how are one of the best value hosts out there.

SupaFly

Well you definitely offer just about every current feature out, I just wonder about being able to support it all. Like the MySQL stuff is a hog if you get many subscribers. The general outlines look good though, and one more thing, do you plan on having the transfer per month be based on webpages only and not files? or is that included in the plan, i know that puts a huge strain on servers if people are hosting simply files or file(z).

Far as price guidelnes go, you are following what the cheaper hosts are doing but slightly higher than my current host (powweb.com). I would actually go look at their operation because I was with them when they first started and they had many growing pains (and still do occassionally), but they started from a very small unit and how are one of the best value hosts out there.

SupaFly

Yes, webspace includes mysql databases.

Transfer includes any coming & going of information.

If that wasnt the case then you would be having webserver with tons of files being distro all over the place.

I would have a lowest price of $4.95 or $5.95 because almost all current webhosts have a package that cheap with a minimum of 5GIG transfer limit... And also, what kinda connection are you gonna be running or are you getting a resell package??

XPerties, for the second choice, I would have it as 10GB monthly transfer, not 8GB...
good idea, makes it look like double on every deal. will take that idea.
I would have a lowest price of $4.95 or $5.95 because almost all current webhosts have a package that cheap with a minimum of 5GIG transfer limit... And also, what kinda connection are you gonna be running or are you getting a resell package??

the smaller package will also be offered as that is ideas coming from other at other forums. Thanks

As far as the connectivity its via multiple OC-12 connections to over 75 diverse providers and all servers have FM-200 Fire Suppression, Multiple UPS Systems, and Backup Diesel Generators.

Personally I would never pay for anything that is capped ... so kill the transfer limits. Secondly I think the prices should be lowered by 2 maybe 3$ each - then it would be a ok good offer :)

What kind of pipe will it be on? ... 100/200/1000mbit?

Personally I would never pay for anything that is capped ... so kill the transfer limits. Secondly I think the prices should be lowered by 2 maybe 3$ each - then it would be a ok good offer  :)

What kind of pipe will it be on? ... 100/200/1000mbit?

crispy, Its not capped...a bandwith transfer is the amount of transfer size you can have monthly. Almost if not all web hosting companys have it, and these are so high that most dont even know about them.

Ehostpros is one to look at...See line 2-Monthly Transfer Rate

and the pipe will be as answered above. :rolleyes:

What about this:

5GB Space

10GB Bandwidth

2 MySQL Databases

PHP

FTP

CGI

User CP

$45 Per Month . . .

What yall think?

are you suggesting I offer that package?

Im not sure if you all understand this thread, This is a thread about your thought on the pricing and what is offered, as I am opening a webhosting company.