Error DVD with XP, drivers, and OFFICE 2003

oojosheoo

i finally got my cd to work with Windows XP and my drivers. So i wanted to go ahead and try to put OFFICE 2003 also. It wouldnt fit in a regular CD so i burned the whole ISO file on a dvd. Everything works fine untill i type in my password and go into windows.

i did everything in the Office 2003 Unattended - Advanced method and i did all the steps.

so when i got to the end it says i needed to paste:

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

in a batch file so i created one and named it start.cmd it looks like this:

CLS

@echo off

TITLE Windows XP SP2 - Unattended Installation

ECHO.

ECHO Over the next few minutes you will see automated installations

ECHO of various sofware applications, windows updates, and registry

ECHO tweaks being implemented. The computer will restart automatically

ECHO once the whole process has finished!

ECHO.

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

Exit

i wanted to just try adding OFFICE 2003 before i add any other programs or tweaks (build a little ,test a little) and i placed the start.cmd in this directory:

C:\XP_OFFICE\$OEM$\$1\install

so i made an image file and burned it to a DVD, restarted windows and ran the DVD. Everything works like a charm. Everything works fine. But when i get untill windows after i type in my password i can see the batch filethat i created (start.cmd) running

but after like 2 sec it says it cant find setup.exe??...so i checked all the files in the OFFICE 2003 folder and i couldnt find one. But the thing is i copied everything directly from my OFFICE CD..any idea??

Edited by oojosheoo

so i guess the main question to all this is what is the setup.exe in the directions:

» Section 2 - The Office 2003 Batch Command

As you read at the end of the last section, we needed to change the path in the TRANSFORM syntax in order for it to work. Below are the full batch commands you can use, so add these lines to your batch file:

ECHO.

ECHO Please wait...

how can i create it or find it?? becuase its not in my directory of all my OFFICE2003 files:

C:\XP_OFFICE\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003

help anyone??

Edited by oojosheoo

What was the command that the final window gave when you made the MST?

Example picture of the final window with command

Edit: more info Slipstreaming into Office.

Note the admin install to get the files from the cd. That should leave you with a MSI as the main installer file?

thanks for your help and yes thats wat my final window looked like..i was reading more into slipstreaming the OFFICE 2003 and i came to this:

Office 2003 - Slipstreaming

This page will outline instructions for slipstreaming Service Packs and Updates into Office 2003.

» Section 1 - Creating an Administrative Installation Point

From the Office Resource Kit site: Only editions of Office 2003 acquired through a Volume License agreement or other non-retail channel allow you to create an administrative installation point. You cannot run Setup.exe in administrative mode ( /a ) with an Office 2003 retail edition. If you cannot make an Administrative Installation Point, you will not be able to slipstream the latest updates into it.

i have the retail verision..does that mean i cannot slipstream it??? Or can i just follow the site you gave me

http://www.petri.co.il/office_system_2003_...ipstreaming.htm

thanks again for all your help :)

well before putting Office 2003 into my unattended WinXP i learned that i have to slipstream it. so i tried the steps and i failed at step one :}

Step 1: Perform an administrative installation

Do NOT just copy your CD to your HD! Doing so will cause the setup files to grow to more than 900mb, and you will not be able to burn them to CD.

Instead, use the following steps:

1. Insert the Office System (2003) CD into your drive, from the "Start" button select "Run" and type

x:\setup.exe /a

Lamer Note: X: is the physical drive your CD drive is assigned. Notice there is a space between the "setup.exe" and the "/".

This is going to start the install process of Office 2003. You'll be presented with the option of where you want the files to go (I chose "G:\Office2003"), and you'll be asked to enter your CD key.

does that mean i cant slipstream Office at all?? because from the files in my cd i dontr have the setup.exe and i know thats from the slipstream process..im such a noob but im trying to learn bare with me guys...hahah.. :P

Edited by oojosheoo