new True Image 9 Rescue Media

aladdin1001

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got this working from the cd image using the"Recovery Manager" folder.

I've tried and tried to get this working including using LiquidSage's guide but still no joy.

EDIT: Don't worry, sussed it. Jotnar's method is the only way I've got this to work.

You can use the recovery cd from True Image 9 w/ CDShell the same as any other bootable Acronis product:

CODE

if $lastKey == key[1]; then isolinux /kernel.dat rw vga=788 acpi=off initrd=/ramdisk.dat /s ramdisk_size=25600 quiet

For True Image 9, you just need to make the RAMDisk size bigger than 20Mb. You can get the kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat file from the install directory.

Edited by kof94

You should be able to add the recovery manager folder w/o issue as long as the revovery manager folder name is not changed and is at the root of your AIO. Joilet must be used and preserved when adding the folder, but beyond that....it shouldn't pose a problem.

Tried it, doesn't work!

I'm using CDImage with the same parameters as flyakite's guide to make the ISO.

Could you use isolinux to boot bootwiz.sys in the Recovery Manager folder instead (or am I looking in the wrong direction)?

Also how do you issue a command in CDShell to look in a folder with a two word name?

e.g: ...then isolinux \Recovery Manger\bootwiz.sys (or whatever would work)

I only really want it on my AIO for cloneing HDD's so it's enough as it is but it would be nice to have the full CD image working.

That guide is not the holy grail for deviating from what it doesn't cover. The version of TI at the time did not have the recovery zone when that guide was made. You will see by the switches that joilet file system is not included because for what the guide does cover, that switch was not needed. Either add the switch for basic joilet, or...

compile the ISO as you have been -->open the ISO in UltraISO.

--->open the properties tab and check 'optimize' and joilet (64) -->add the Recovery Manager folder to the root of the ISO --> Save the ISO (make sure to do a full recompile and not just a quick save :)).

It should then work.

Floppy Image Unlimited Side!!

Download Floppy Image Creator 5, from www.tanontech.com; create virtual floppy b:, user defined disk, file disk save as.. ADDS10.img (Acronis Disk Director Suite 10), and size 24MB.

Run Acronis Bootabler Rescue Media Builder, and create image in B:

Added ADDS10.img to source of boots\

Finish!!

It's Work For me!!

See You