Creating a Socket on port 67 (DHCP Listener)

Hi,

I have a question and its regarding creating a Socket that listens on the port 67 on a Windows 2003 Server.

My problem is that as soon as I use the port 67 I get the following Exception: "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"

I dont have the DHCP Server service installed, I have even run a sniffer on the interface and port 67 is not used by the OS.

The following is my code:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

objSocket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Dgram, ProtocolType.Udp); //a socket that listens for udp packets.

objSocket.Bind(new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Parse("192.168.21.2"), 67)); //Failes when executed with the message mentioned above.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is these anybody out there that can tell my why this port is locked?

And is there anyway around this problem, something to note is that the server is part of an Active Directory domain and I do know if a DHCP server is installed on a Server in an AD the DHCP server has to be authorized to run... question is now if this is the problem then how do I manually authorize my server to allow Socket binding on port 67.

I would appriciate any suggestions.

thanks

Problem solved... the problem was 20 inches from the screen. :(

A week ago I installed RIS (Remote Installation Service) on the Server just for testing and forgot all about it.

But very wierd it did not show that port as taken by RIS.

Ohh well, the binding works fine now.

If you get this problem there is something locking that port.