BTS M3 doesnt use sif-file

homolka

Dear all,

I'm trying to integrate BTS-Driverpacks via M3 into my RIS-Installation. So I think I've run through the setup correctly and extended my sif file manually with the driverpaths and so on, neither the drivers nor any other entries in my sif file seem to be taken. Yes - I can choose this new method on the OS-Choice-Menu, but looking it up after the installation it seems to be an out-of-the box-job (registration, tour, drivers... - all the things I do through my sif). Seems as it would not be read.

Has anyone any suggestions? It is under i386/templates.

Daniel

Just for troubleshooting I would rename any other .sif file to .bak so that the indended .sif file is the only possible one to be used. If it still isn't working, then something more fundamental is wrong.

Do you have more than one RIS image installed?

@RogueSpear Yes, there's more than one RIS-Image. The other one (my standard at the moment) is running fine. If I choose M1 (and copy the driverpath to my sif) everything is working correctly, if I choose M3, all the files are copied, but the sif file isn't used.

@Br4tt3 I'm quite sure that oempreinstall is set to yes. But we all know that after while you don't see things anymore that are lying just in front of you. I will check again.

Thanks for your answers. By the way: I have read, that implementing all the drivers would make the M3 too slow/not working. Is that correct? Maybe this is the problem.

Daniel

Found the solution for M2 in another post of RogueSpear - thanks. I have tested M1 and M2 now and M1 takes about 50 minutes, M2 40 m's. I will take a look on M3 and compare them to my original installation now. Thanks for your help.

Daniel