UT2004 and Logitech mx3100

pcaddict

I recently bought a Logitech mx3100 desktop and only have one problem with it...my character gets stuck in UT2004 while playing online. I have determined that it is infact the mouse, and or keyboard by reinstalling xp but not installing setpoint.

More on UT: It seems that the mouse is getting out of sync (when using logitech driver) causing my player to hang for a couple of seconds before he finally starts moving again.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? If so, please let me know how you managed to fix it, if you were able. It is quite a shame to spend so much on a keyboard and mouse and not be able to use all of its functionality.

Have you tried updating he drivers for it?

IMO wireless mice are not the best (unless specifically mentioned in the description of the item) for gaming - i know that dont help much but thought i'd mention it lol

I dont know if it would have firmware in it also but if its possible, updating that mght help too.

Have you been on logitech support forums (if they have any) or the UT site for game patches/troubleshooting?

All i can think of right now, cheers.

N.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have the same problem, every minute or so the mouse would just appear to stop responding for like 2 seconds? Now I'm not entirely sure but I vaguely remember fixing the problem (but this was like a year and 20 Windows reinstalls ago). The problem arose from a conflict with the speach recognition software that is installed with UT2004. I think it is actually a motherboard or driver conflict.

Anyway if you go into Add-Remove Programs you should be able to remove the software for speech recognition. This should fix your problem (if it doesn't and you use speech commands in UT2004 you can always reinstall it).

I am not using a logitech mouse but I am using a logitech keyboard. Anyway I have not had this issue in a long time and the only thing I have changed is my motherboard and various drivers (I don't think I use the logitech keyboard drivers anymore either.)

Anyway post your specs and I'll see if I can help.

• 2 weeks later...