Safexp=Problems

luminoso

Hi!

I am using windows xp pro SP2, with all windows updates made.

I also use Kaspersky as antivirus and sygate as firewall.

Everything was working fine until i decided to apply Safexp (http://www.theorica.net/safexp.htm) on my computer. I selected a lot of options to increase my computer security and privacy. A lot of options worked fine and i also noticed a lot of speed improvements.

But..

I am a massive user of fast user switching utility of windows XP. It stoped working.

1)I lost windows key+L function(it started to block my computer insted going to welcome screen)

2)On Task manager(control+alt+delete) on tab "process" there is no respective user to process, it is blank (only inactive process have "system"), on tab "users" no user is logged in.

So, i decided to look arround and i checked that "use fast user switching" was disabled on Control panel. I try to enable it but it doesn't worked.

I applyed "Secure Desktop undo" and "Restore Fast User Switching" of http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm i a got back my windows key+L function, welcome screen back and teh option of control painel checked.

I was happy until that when i try to have 2 (or more) users logged on at same time Welcome Screen loops when trying to log on. I can only have a user at once.

I already contacted Safexp forum and technical support, but no answers.

Please, i really need help and (re)format is out of question.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks for all and sorry bad english.

Guilherme

:hello:

Mja .. thats what happens when messing too much with 3th hand software that 'knows it better' concernig security.

From your description, before applying "Secure Desktop undo" i guess you'r 'fast user switsching' service was disabled AND a crutial service: Terminal services. You should also check 'secondary logon' service too.

All these services (on my system) have manual startup, except the last is automatic. Anyhow, Terminal services should be working always.

I would also advise you to check what "Secure Desktop undo" does, and undo it before re-activating those services i mentioned, as I am pretty mcuh sure Therminal services is disabled.

You can find those services under administrative tools - services.

Davor