How can i display the folder size in details view?

englishmen

vcBlackBox i did not take any offence in what you said i did do a search but only found apps which i did not really want for such what i would assume is such a simple thing, thanks again for the effort.

One thing tho when i said "no size sorting issues" it turns out its not 100% true it seems it does not take kb, mb & gb in to account it just sorts the folders out by highest umber first for example it would be

912kb

240mb

rather the other way around do you have any clue how i can edit the field to attempt to fix this issue cheers.

Thanks JRosenfeld but i was typing my message while you posted yours and did not see your second post until i had finished writing my one up. As i said tho i don't want to install a application however small just to display the size of the folders i think i will stick with InTheWayBoy's recommendation after its only a little problem and to be honest i hardly have any folder that are less the 1Mb in size so the problem i mentioned will not really affect me that much. Either way thanks for the recommendation i will bookmark your recommendation for future reference.

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone aware of a way to create a column in explorer details view which will display the size of folders? cheers.

I'm using View Folder Size Pro. It will add new folder size columns to Explorer (as numeric value and percent bar). Also you can easy customize this columns, sort by size. And this is fastest "folder size" add-on I have ever seen.