New problems with Quake 3 after Unattended

Hi everyone, no luck with the forum search or google search. For what it's worth I have posted a topic in activision tech support for this as well. But I do not think they will be able to help me, because I think this is an Unattended XP CD problem.

I am using the SAME drivers for:

video card (radeon 9000)

sound card (audigy 2 zs)

monitor (samsung 997df)

directX 9.0c

that I was using on my prior windows installation (when quake worked)

I have tried:

updating to ati's latest drivers (those drivers will NOT work at all, I can't use them)

re-installing quake 3 several times

tried the glsetup app on the disc (but i have opengl already with my original radeon drivers)

tried using different monitor refresh rates: 60hz, 70hz, and 75hz

tried using different resolutions

tried the 9x/Me compatibility mode

deleting the q3config.cfg file (so that it will be recreated automatically)

I have:

no idea

The Problem:

When I try to execute (launch, open) quake. (quake.exe) The monitor flickers off, then on with a different resolution, then off again and back to windows. There is NO error message.

Unfortunately, when transfering files from one hdd to another... One directory's contents did not copy completely. In fact, barely at all. That directory was ALL the work I spent on making my uA XP cd for the last 2 weeks. I lost alot of work. :( So, I only have what's on the final cd I burned. I will attach what I can think of that might be significant.

Inside attached rar file:

winnt.sif, registry_tweaks.reg, Last Session.ini

thank you

dewey

deweydesigns.com

---edit----

it's working now. for some reason i had to run the game in exactly 800x600 once. which i never had to do beore. then i had to COMPLETELY uninstall my old drivers in order to get the new drivers to work. i'm speaking of the new ati driver for my graphics card.

Edited by deweydesigns