16 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your OS of choice?

• Windows
    • OS X
    • Linux (any distro)
    • UNIX

Guest mlingojones

windoze said: "I chose Linux for it's openness and stability/security."

Unfortunately, this statement couldn't be made directly, due to his being banned.

I just gotta say Windows. While it isn't everybody's favorite, it is more stable than ever, generally user friendly, and the part that is important to me is that I know my way around it pretty good and with help from all of you on this forum, can tailor Windows in many ways.

Basically, Windows gets the the job done for me with little problems. Why try something different?

Guest mlingojones

That's the stereotypical Windows user attitude. You know, "It's good enough, so why try something different?"

I guess it's more stable than ever, but there are other OSs that are much more stable (such as anything UNIX based).

I can't really argue with Windows' user-friendliness, (especially with OSs like Linux, in terms of interface), but I would say that OS X is way ahead of Windows in that area, especially where their windowing system is concerned.

And you can really tailor any OS to how you like it, most notably Linux, since it's all open source.

And the very fact that there's a poll here about how many times people have had to format (it gets as often as a month) is a testament to the problems that plague Windows.

Edited by mlingojones