Win98SE vs. McAffee firewall conflict after SP202

gyh

Gape, please help.

After installation of the SP 2.0.2. my firewall (McAffee 6.0) stopped working. On Windows Start up I am getting a blue screen " A fatal exeption OE has occured at 0028:c0096509 in VXD MPFBOCKS(01)+ 00006F6D. The current application will me terminated...."

Up to that day I used McAffee without any problems. I have noticed the same error discussed in Netherlands, but I do not speak Dutch.

Have you heard of this? Is there any remedy?

Thank you. :}

Gape, please help.

After installation of the SP 2.0.2. my firewall (McAffee 6.0) stopped working. On Windows Start up I am getting a blue screen " A fatal exeption OE has occured at 0028:c0096509 in VXD MPFBOCKS(01)+ 00006F6D. The current application will me terminated...."

Up to that day I used McAffee without any problems. I have noticed the same error discussed in Netherlands, but I do not speak Dutch.

Have you heard of this? Is there any remedy?

Are you using an AMD CPU?

I don't know what that is... :( How can I tell??

By the way, in McAffee forum I read of the same problems, so I am using a different firewall now. Works good. Maybe the problem is not SP 2.0.2.???

Edited by gyh

Can't find anything like that...(((

Thanks for trying to help... :blushing:

Well, all isn't lost, you apparently have either renamed or deleted some of the "normal" desktop icons. But no matter, there is a program on your drive that can find all the info you need and more: msinfo32.exe.

Just go to start button, click on "run" and type "msinfo32" and voila...

If you don't happen to have a start button, you can use Windows Explorer to locate the file using the search files/folder function, and then go to the location and click on the file to run it.

More info:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q184075/

Description of Microsoft System Information (Msinfo32.exe) Tool

More info on this and other tools:

http://www.geocities.com/~budallen/windows98_tools.html

Bud's Troubleshooter: Windows 98 Support Tools

Roving

:yes: